Friday, November 14, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho - It's off to work we go......

The seven dwarfs were always so happy as they whistled their way off to work.....and I think that I figured out why -- they must have only been working 2 days a week. I think that I truely have the best of both worlds. I get to be a mom to my beautiful Audrey Kate, staying home with her 5 days a week, and have been blessed with only going to work 2 days a week. It was a choice that I made with my husband's support to return to work...and it was a difficult one. I knew that I didn't have to go back...but I love what I do so much and have worked so hard to get to this point - and I wasn't ready to let it go. And let me tell you, I love my job. It feels so good to get up and get dressed and be a professional making a difference in the lives of children in need and their families - helping them learn to communicate. I feel like I am retaining a sense of self. It allows me to not have to rely on Wesley for my adult interaction - and gives me something interesting to talk to him about when I get home. It has helped me be a better wife and enjoy my husband and daughter even more...if that is possible....I treasure every moment we have together now and feel as though I am a better mother/wife because I am not taking those moments for granted. Now, I am not just spending time with her - I am spending quality time with her - and that is the best thing I can do for my child -- I know some people think differently about working and being a mom - but this is a decision that we made as a family and is something that we believe is the best thing for our family at this time. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful supportive husband who has supported me in this decision. :)

No comments: