Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time for an Update! (It's a long one!)

I have been slacking on updating our blog for several weeks. It is amazing how much changes with a baby in those few weeks. Audrey Kate is growing more beautiful and more fun everyday! I thank God for her constantly.

God gave me this verse this morning for her: Colossians 1:9-12 " For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strenghtened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." I don't believe it is ever too early to start praying for the salvation of our little ones. I pray daily that she would come to know Jesus at an early age and glorify him with her life. I know that my primary purpose in her life is to raise her guiding her toward a relationship with God. WOW - what a huge task!! I am sure thankful to have God with me on this one and I know that showering her with prayer is important.

Other updates:

Audrey Kate sat on Santa's lap the weekend after Thanksgiving. It didn't phase her at all and she looked so adorable in her little dress. What a cutie!! I have a feeling that next year - at 16 months - she may not be so willing to sit on a stranger's lap -- it is kindof a weird tradition if you think about it.


We introduced her to the stationary entertainer. Some friends from church purchased this for her (thank you!) and she loves it -- see how happy she is. She doesn't quite touch the bottom yet so she is literally just hanging out in it. She loves to look at everything though - she doesn't want to miss a thing - what a curious girl!


We have yet to see her roll over. I have caught her once on her back after I put her down on her stomach....but I missed it - Wes said she ended up on her tummy when she was put on her back....but again.... we missed it. Every time I get the camera out to catch her rolling over....nothing....not even a tilt in that direction - lol -- I guess I must have patience.

Some other cute pictures -Audrey Kate with her new sweatshirt ready for the cold


Her cute outfit for church - don't you love it??

Sitting in her bumbo ready for Arkansas to play- and wearing Daddy's hat
She is talking up a storm and happy as can be. She is finally on a somewhat predicable schedule and that is so nice!! She goes to sleep quickly at night all by herself in her crib and typically sleeps the whole night - - yes from 8-7!!! She may wake up and talk to herself a little while in the early morning - but she doesn't need mommy anymore to get back to sleep!! What a big girl! She started taking good naps during the day too -- so I am so proud of her and loving every moment of being a mom! Thank you Jesus for this precious baby girl!!

1 comment:

kristi said...

she is so stinkin' cute......and what happened to the little newborn girl.......she is really growing up!!precious angel!!!