Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jordan's Eyes

As most of you know we have a sweet nephew named Jordan. He is 4 years old. When we saw him over Christmas, his parents had just found out that he has cataracts. I didn't even know that children could get cataracts. Jordan can barely see. He kept saying "The man is throwing snow in my eyes and I can't get it out". How sad is that!!! He even had a black eye from where he ran into the bed when he was walking. He played Hide and Seek with his dad and his dad just stood in the middle of the room and it took Jordan more than 5 minutes to find him. I had Audrey Kate sitting on my lap and Jordan was sitting right next to me....and he said "Where is my cousin Audrey?" I said "right here Jordan" and took his hand to show him where she was so that he could touch her. And all he kept saying was "she is soft" -- break your heart!! Well, Jordan has surgery tomorrow. They are going to remove the cataract on one eye and then do the other eye next week. They don't know how much vision he will have after the surgery. Anyway - I know that his parents would appreciate as many prayers as possible for tomorrow -- pray that the Lord would guide the surgeon's hand - since he needs to be so delicate near the eyes. Pray that Jordan's sight would be restored and he would heal quickly. He has been such a good boy though all of this -- not really complaining at all. --- poor sweetie!!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Aww.. what a sweetheart! I'll be praying! He will do great!

Lisa said...

Praying for little Jordan, may God heal his eyes!
Then your light shall break forth like the dawn,
and healing shall spring up quickly.
Isaiah 58:8

kristi said...

praying for sweet jordan so much!! angel!!