Friday, July 10, 2009

Getting ready for the BIG day!

We have 20 days...that is right my friends....there are 20 days left until my little baby girl turns 1!!! I can't believe that she is almost one already. We have several things to accomplish by the time she is one. She is already walking, eating well (this is a biggie for her) and talking up a storm. So, you may be saying, what is left. Here is the list:

Step 1: Falling asleep by herself - yeah - this one has been acheived. She fusses when we sing the good night song or she sees her crib because she knows it is coming - but then she goes down pretty quickly - our schedule has really helped with this - plus the fact that she was ready but mommy and daddy really enjoyed rocking her to sleep,

Step 2: De-pacifier - oooohhh I am not looking forward to this one - but AK already just takes a paci at nap time. I think we should start today - nap time is in about 30 minutes - should we try it with no pacifier? -- this could be a long weekend. How long do you think it will take AK to learn to sleep without the pacifier? 1 nap session (I wish), 1 day, 3 days, a whole week --- place your bets!!!

Step 3: De-bottle and move to full time sippy cup use
Step 4: De-formula and embrace milk!
Step 5: Say MAMA!!

I will keep you updated on how the steps go!! (Don't forget to place your bets or tell me I am crazy!)

2 comments:

Spoons said...

Your an awesome mommy and I'm sure she'll adjust quickly!! Jillian has yet to reach many of those milestones :( How cute I can't believe AK is walking already!! Yay-- way to go! I would definitely take the paci away during nap times to adjust... STICK with it and don't give up. I hear it's hard, but you CAN do it :) Neither of my kids used one, so I didn't have to worry about taking it away....

Kim said...

Both of my girls kept there paci until 2 years old. When I was ready for them to give it up I cut the end off and told them it was broken and then let them throw it away. Sarah was fine, but I think Katie still has emotional scars!!!
I think I started by letting them only have it during sleep times, not anywhere else. Good luck! Miss you on Sunday mornings.