Friday, July 17, 2009

Round 2

Ok...I thought about it all week and decided that this weekend was the weekend to begin round 2. And this is a round I plan on winning. I am more prepared this time. The schedule for the weekend is light, no big plans or outings that would take us far from home. And, we have her "Tiga" (her stuffed Tiger) and a blankie ready to comfort her. I put her down for her nap this morning and she cried for about 5 minutes and then was off to sleep. I am so proud of her! We have 4 days to work on this before she goes back to school. I think that we probably will not go to church on Sunday so she can stay on schedule and work on being without her dear pacifier. I know that she can do it, and I know that I can do it. When she goes back to school, it will be hard on the teachers because 2 of the other children in her class use the same pacifier that she does. But her teachers are great and I know that they will help Audrey Kate along. Lift up a prayer for my little one!

2 comments:

kristi said...

oh girl.......I feel for you!! ac was a seriously addicted paci girl!! (which I loved!!) but the weaning was miserable for only 2 days..........and about a week for sleep to get completely normal!! but ac was 18 months......I am impressed you are doing it so early!! I was SCARED!!!! heehee!!

Spoons said...

I'm proud of you Lauren. YOU can do it and so can AK!! It will be hard, but only for a little bit and then life will get easier!! Let me know how it goes :)